Southland UV Plants
FILTEC undertook the construction of four separate water treatment plants across the Southland region for the supply of municipal drinking water. The existing plants had very little treatment capabilities, with most simply untreated bore water.
- Cartridge filters were installed at three of the sites where suspended solids and turbidity were an issue with the bore water.
- Trojan UV reactors were installed at all sites to disinfect water to NZ drinking water standards.
- Caustic dosing and chlorine dosing were also installed at two of the sites to deal with low pH and for disinfection purposes, respectively.
- Siemens turbidity, pH and chlorine meters were installed at the sites for monitoring and control purposes.
- Stainless steel hygienic tube was used for the water lines, while high strength PVC was used for chemical lines.
- These upgrades increased the reliability and safety of the water supply in Mossburn, Winton, Otautau and Te Anau.