Wallace & Tiernan GMS Plus Multi-Function Gas Detection Systems
The GMS plus system is a flexible two channel measuring system designed for gas and temperature monitoring in up to two rooms.
It can either use a single Chloratect sensor or a pair of Chloratect sensors to measure chlorine gas, chlorine dioxide or ozone, or it can also use other sensors to measure different gases. Pt 1000 sensors are used to measure the ambient temperature. Inside the Chloratect gas sensor there is an electrode that is permanently kept moist by electrolyte. This is achieved using a wick to draw electrolyte from a transparent reservoir by capillary action. The factory filling of electrolyteis enough to last for about six months of operation when measuring Cl2/ClO2 or three months when measuring ozone (O3). It is very simple for the operator to refill the electrolyte reservoir. In the event of a gas leak the electrode will depolarise as a result of an electrochemical reaction. The depolarisation current generated is proportional to the gas concentration in the air.
The gas concentrations and temperatures are displayed on the display panel. The peak and average values over the past 8 hours can also be displayed. The desired alarm levels can be set using the menu via a control pad. Two values per channel can be specified. An alarm contact is activated for each limit value and the system will also set off an audible and a visual alarm. Two general alarm contacts can also be set off by these alarms. These alarm contacts, up to 4 of which are possible, can be used to control safety equipment such as a chlorine scrubber, a shut off valve or a water spraying system. The integrated sensor moitor sets of a sensor alarm if there is a fault with any of the sensors.
- A variety of gas sensors can be used
- User-adjustable alarm contacts
- Clear, easy to read display of average and peak values over the past 8 hours
- Automatic fault detection and sensor monitoring
- External alarm acknowledgment
- Power backup using rechargeable batteries optional
- Printer port or RS 485 serial port for connection to ChemWeb-Server OPC-Server Data Access V 2.0 or CMS software
Wallace & Tiernan Acutec™ 35 Gas Detector
The Acutec™ 35 Gas Detection System utilizes the latest on-line gas monitoring technology to provide a flexible and reliable, self testing detection system in a compact, modular design.
Acutec™ 35 is ideal for detecting leaks from storage containers, process piping or gas feed equipment in any type of water, wastewater or industrial plant environment.
Features and Benefits
- Gases detected: Chlorine, Sulfur Dioxide, Ammonia.
- All enclosures are provided with knockouts on all four sides to facilitate wiring using the ½” FNPT conduit hubs provided.
- The receiver is available in a choice of either a Detector or Monitor version, which has an LED display and mA output signal. Both provide two selectable levels of alarm.
- Battery back-up option consists of a sealed lead-acid battery mounted in its own enclosure.
- Three assignable alarm relays for either alarm setpoint 10A at 120 VAC, 5A at 250 VAC, resistive, SPDT configurable for normal/fail-safe, latching/non-latching, and fast/slow operation.
- An optional Auto-Test unit incorporates an integral gas generator to automatically test the sensor each day and sounding alarms in the event of sensor failure. This added safety feature also reduces the costs incurred with manual procedures.
- Acutec 35 Gas Detection System’s modular design allows for a wide range of configurations that can be simply and neatly installed, using standard enclosures.
- The flexibility of the modular system allows for simple installation of single or multipoint gas detection systems.
Gas Detection Systems