As a pioneer of membrane technology, GE leverages decades of research, development, and operational experience in developing the most advanced pressurised and submerged membrane products available.
GE membrane technology has been proven to consistently outperform conventional filtration while meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements, regardless of source water quality.
Versatile and reliable, membrane technology is ideally suited for use in numerous applications including drinking water treatment, MBR, tertiary filtration and RO pre-treatment for brackish water. Compared to granular filter media, membrane technology produces superior water quality and is virtually unaffected by variable raw water quality
– all at a cost comparable to conventional filtration technology.
ZeeWeed Hollow-Fiber Membranes
Achieve high bacteria and solids rejection with pressurized hollow-fiber UF membranes
GE's pressurized ZeeWeed 1500 membrane is ideal for drinking water treatment, tertiary filtration and pretreatment applications for brackish and seawater desalination.
This membrane utilizes low-fouling PVDF membrane chemistry, resulting in less frequent and less aggressive cleaning.
The ZeeWeed 1500 membrane is optimal for packaged plants with quick delivery and installation, and is also available as a custom solution engineered to specifications.
- High solids tolerance is capable of handling high turbidity spikes and coagulant doses
- Lower chemical usage over comparable systems
- Ability to retrofit other ultrafiltration (UF) and microfiltration (MF) systems
- Simple, automated operation
- Packaged and custom designs for greenfield or retrofit solutions
- Produce high-quality feedwater to enable RO systems to operate at peak performance with reduced fouling and less cleaning
- Enhance treated effluent quality from secondary wastewater treatment process
How do ZeeWeed membranes work?
Watch a short animation to see how the GE’s ZeeWeed membranes work.
GE Microfiltration Membranes